Welcome to my blog

Hi, I'm Sue .Please see my profile to read more about me and my meanderings !



I'll be blogging about the things that make me happy ( numerous) And hopefully less frequently, what annoys me.



I hope you enjoy reading my musings, and please feel free to comment.



About Me

My photo
I'm a recently retired Midwife living in rural Nottinghamshire with my husband . I have 2 grown up children (a Daughter and son,) and a grandson. Knitting and crochet have been a passion of mine since childhood - living in the country made other forms of entertainment hard to come by ! Now I find it very relaxing and rewarding, the choice of colours and textures available is just amazing.

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Mother's Day treats



Sorry if you've heard enough about Mother's Day to last you a lifetime , or at least until next Mother's Day !But I really wanted to share my experience with you because it was quite memorable.
It was preceded by many Birthdays - my Grandson was 5 on the 10th ,and his mummy ( my daughter) was 29 the following day, sharing her Birthday with her Mother -in- law ! So a very expensive and exciting week with lots of presents and tea parties !
For Mothering Sunday my son made the trip from Kent with his girlfriend to stay with us, and came laden with presents for my Birthday (in October ! ) Christmas presents for all, and a Mother's day gift for me (Mamma Mia DVD )
On Mother's Day afternoon we all congregated at my daughter's house where she presented me with a beautiful box of hand made cup cakes !
And of course, the Mother's day tea she had prepared boasted some more beautiful cup-cakes ,plus a large cup-cake for her Birthday ! I think you have to agree she's the Cup-cake Queen !

No comments:

Post a Comment